Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Meatless Monday!

Driving to work today was such a great moment from God! This is the view I had alongside me and in the rear view mirror.  There is just something about nature that brings so much emotion in me.  What a great start to a Monday!




After a fun day with my 3rd grade kiddos, I set off to my spin class at the YMCA. I have grown to love this class. There is something about going harder and longer than you thought you could. It is so empowering when you finish. This is one of the greatest benefits of exercise and why I am so passionate about it. 

After spin, I came home to make one of my favorite Meatless Meals.  Devin and I went to a wonderful resteraunt in Hendersonville a few months ago where we had Veggie and Humus Pitas.  They were so delicious and we knew had to make them ourselves. We never knew how easy they would be to make.   

To make the Pitas for two you need: 
Olive oil
Humus( I used roasted red pepper) 
Whole Wheat Pitas lightly toasted
1 diced squash
1 diced zucchini 
1 diced onion

First, sautée the diced vegetables, olive oil and rosemary. After, lightly toast the pita bread. Spread
the humus on both sides of the inside of the Pitas. Next, stuff the Pitas with the sautéed vegetables.  



The way that humus and vegetables blend together is undescribeable. I love meals that taste like they should be bad for you, but aren't. Oh so good!





No comments:

Post a Comment