Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Clemson game


               For the Clemson Miami game, Devin and I were debating between going to the game at Clemson, or staying home to enjoy some great appetizers and a few beers. We decided that getting cozy on the couch in sweatpants, eating some delicious appetizers, and having a few beers sounded more fun and a whole lot cheaper. We starting cruising around our newly added SUPERTarget ( can you tell how excited I am?) and came up with a few good and pretty healthy appetizers. We recently had a delicious Greek salad at Zorbas, and ever since then I have been loving Greek salads. So... We  got lettuce , olives, feta cheese, and pepperonchinis to make one. YUM!                                          



            I feel like there has to be some good sports appetizers. We settled first for nachos.  We stuck corn tostitos topped with sharp cheddar cheese and jalapeños in the oven. Then we added salsa and light sour cream. 

                                                                 Lovin some nachos!

I walked by a pizza and oh man... I had to have some pizza. We thought about making our own, but then looked at frozen pizzas.Wait... 

The calories were herendous. So we resorted back to making our own. We used whole wheat tortillas and spread pizza sauce on them. Then we sprinkled cheddar cheese and turkey pepperoni on top. We put them in the oven on  bake and then broil until they were golden brown.  




Watching a clemson ball game we needed beer. I got select 55. I am a huge girl when it comes to beer.  I like Select 55, but can tolerate Mich Ultra. This is as far as my beer drinking extends. 



 We had so much fun eating our homemade apps and drinking beer while cheering on the tigers. Clemson ended  up losing by 2 points to Miami. Miami was no. 3 in the polls.  Even though, it stunk we lost, but it was such a great game! 


To finish off the night I ate a pack of skinny cow dreamy clusters. They are only 120 calories of a perfect chocolate, nut and caramel mixture.   


What are some of your favorite appetizers for a big game? 




No comments:

Post a Comment