Monday, January 28, 2013

New Year....New Devotion!

     Last January I set a New Year's Resolution to do a devotion every morning.  I wanted to  start small so that I could form the habit of making myself read and pray each morning.  A great friend and coworker of mine gave all of the third grade teachers a copy of this devotional.  This was clearly God's will!  I absolutely loved this devotion every morning.  I really felt like God was speaking to me every single morning.  If you haven't read this...you need to.





You can find a copy of Jesus Calling at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It can also be ordered through itunes.



You can find a copy of this devotion at Barnes and Noble  and Amazon.  It can also be ordered through itunes.

         I wanted to continue a devotion this year, so  I scanned Barnes and Noble looking for my new devotion.  Growing up Catholic we didn't use the Bible during the church service.  Recently, Devin and I have loved our involvement in Grace Church.  Listening to sermons at our new non denominational church I have found that I need to get more into the Bible.  Therefore, I wanted to get a daily devotion that was still pretty short but had more reference to the Bible and stories from it.  I stumbled upon The 365 Most Important Bible Passages for women.  It was just what I needed.   It gives a quick story directly from the Bible, and then helps you understand it and connect it to your life. So far I love it.  It is never too late to start a devotion if you feel lead to.  No matter if it is Dec. 24th or Jan. 28th....it is always great to start. Does anyone else have other christian devotions they would recommend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment