Sunday, January 13, 2013

Convenient, Tasty,and Filling Oatmeal Delight!

             I have seen a few posts and magazine articles about overnight oatmeal and my mother n law has made it with whey protein.  I began to search for a way to make it where it wasn't so expensive.    I found a few different recipes off of pinterest and came up with a concoction of my own. 


Ingredients:
Steel cut oats
 ( I used the prepackaged but later found it cheaper ridiculously cheap in the bins at Whole Foods )
milk
walnuts
peanut Butter
frozen Fruit
honey
greek yogurt
mashed bananas(optional)

I put about 3-4 cups of steel cut oatmeal in a big bowl that I will keep in the fridge all week.I added a handful of chopped walnuts.  Next, I addedabout 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.  I combined about 3/4 cup of Vanilla Bean Yogurt( that was in my fridge)  and a drizzle of honey.  I set out the frozen rasberitries, blueberries, and strawberries mixture to thaw a little and put some in there too.  Lastly, I drizzled a little honey in there.  I poured about twice the amount full of milk as the entire mixture combined. Overnight, the oatmeal will soak up the milk and it will get dry if you don't put a lot of it.   When you spoon it out, you don't get all of this milk.  It wil be delicious and filling!








I mixed everything together well and set it in the fridge overnight.  The great thing about this, is that I will leave it in the fridge all week for my husband and I to have for breakfast.  It is delicious, healthy and ready made breakfast.  What else could you ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment