Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Tracking with Livestrong!

  

I have read and heard about this site Livestrong.com. It seemed neat, but recently I have begun to investigate it some on my own. I downloaded the calorie tracker and have been amazed at how user friendly it is. I have never actually counted my calories and thought I would give it a try. I am on my first few days and am loving it. I love how you can track water and exercise as well.  I have found that just  tracking the calories has made me think twice about picking here and there. For example, I was making chocolate covered ritz sandwiches. Wanting to eat a ritz here or there seemed nice until I remembered I would have to track the minor picking and realized it wasn't worth it.
      I do think more about what I am eating when tracking the calories; however, I have found that it also gives me liberty to eat some things that I would usually think wouldn't be such a good idea.  For example, I track my breakfast, lunch and dinner.  After putting in the calories...I realize hey I have 200 calories left so I can indulge in a favorite sweet like a Skinny Cow Nutty Buddy (only 90 calories).  Then I still haven't used them all.  I also always feel a little guilty about eating anything that isn't great for me.  Tracking the calories has taken the restrain off and given me a little relief for these things. I think hey if I have stuck well and have enough calories left then I deserve it and don't feel guilty.  Don't get me wrong...this may not be helpful for everyone....but I am loving it.  You can just download the livestrong app or use the livestrong site (both free).    I would love to hear of any other great websites others have found similar to this one.
Happy Tracking....isnt it great to be able to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment