Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Awesome Weekend and Strides Against Strokes!

   
           Memorial Weekend was amazing!  My brother flew in town from Washington DC.  We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for a good old family cookout.  All of my extended family came together a for it.  My grandma passed away last Spring.  Since then, it has been difficult  to that side of the family together at all.  I think this was the first time everyone was together.  We all came down to the house she lived in on the lake.  We told fun memories of her and each drank some bud light in a mug with a dash of salt.  My grandma loved beer out of a mug with salt.  We toasted and drank it in her memory.
         
I had to include this awesome pic of my brother and Devin throwing my sister as she does a back  tuck out of the lake.  Brianna is quite the cheerleader/gymnast.  I was super excited to catch this awesome pic!


                    We had a great time eating and hanging out together.  This was one of those days that I did not eat very healthy.  Carrots were pretty much the extent of the vegetables with a lot of chips, yummy dips, brownies, and so much more. Some days you just have to enjoy the food, knowing the next day will bring much healthier eating and exercise to get back on track.




                     I am so excited to be participating in my cousin's 2nd Annual Strides Against Stroke 5K next Saturday June 1st.  My cousin works at Self Regional Health Care in Greenwood and is trying toraise awareness about strokes and how you can prevent them. My mom and sister are meeting me there where we will support Strides Against Strokes.  There will be speakers who have suffered strokes and information about how to prevent strokes.  Another bonus to the event, is getting to see my cousin's adorable little baby girl.  She was born last November, and is absolutely precious.
                      My food filled weekend made me anxious to get in a good workout on Tuesday. I have really been enjoying switching up my workouts lately.  Yesterday I ran 2.8 miles and did a quick kickboxing arms working.  I did this set three times:

50 alternating front jabs
15 front double jabs( quick jab, then a harder one with the same arm)
15 uppercuts on each side.
20 alternating elbows ( power elbows alternating to each side).

                   I used a mixture of arm moves we used at my kickboxing class at the YMCA.  I have also been creating circuits including running one mile or .25 miles with arm and leg quick workouts.  I think my body is working harder with the variety of types of workouts.

How do you switch up your workouts so that your body doesn't get used to the same ones?

           

No comments:

Post a Comment