Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Relaxing Weekend of Things I Love!

         I was so excited to have a long weekend where I could relax.  Dev and I love doing things with people, but somehow we always end up booking up our weekends.  Needless to say, I was pumped about one to myself.

photo.JPG 
Mowgli and Chloe on the ride to Chapin! Lookin so cute!

        We left to go Chapin where Devin and  are both from.  One of the best things about Chapin is Lake Murray.  Growing up on the lake, we love relaxing and hanging out on the water.  I can't explain how beautiful and relaxing the lake is with  the sun radiating on it and creating a shimmering sparkles.
 This is my happy place!

photo.JPG
What a view! Love Lake Murray!

                The next morning, I woke up and went for a run.  Hearing the birds chirping and the wonderful sounds of nature inspired me to leave my music and running tracker at home.  There is something about going for a run, just to enjoy running.  No focusing on my running pace, or being distracted by music.  This gave me a good time to enjoy nature and appreciate God's beautiful creations.  This was one of the most freeing and relaxing runs in a while.  It made me encourage myself to run without music or my running tracker more often.  Sometimes we get so distracted with burning the most calories and finding the best song, that we forget to just enjoy and appreciate nature around us.              

               We went on the lake for a few hours and then ate late lunch at Liberty on the Lake.  I ordred a delicious Strawberry and Spinach Shrimp Salad.   It had spinach with shrimp, candied pecans, strawberries and goat cheese.  It was the perfect lunch on a hot day on the lake.  The first lake day of the summer was perfect.  I loved it and can't wait for the many lake days to come.

                 After getting back home, Dev had a great idea for dinner.  We love ceviche, but had never thought to make it on our own.  So......we did.  

photo.JPG
Shrimp Ceviche.....delish!

                   The ceviche had orange, lime, and lemon juice with diced cucmbers, tomatoes, red onions and boiled shrimp.   We will definitely be making this more often.We sat on our patio to enjoy our favorite new dish. 
photo.JPG
Our Knockout Rose Bushes right now!

             After dinner, we were admiring our beautiful Knockout Rose Bushes my grandma gave us. This has been a such a nice and relaxing weekend with so many things I love.....Dev, my pups, a good run, the lake,  and good eatin'!

What would your most relaxing and enjoyable weekend consist of?












No comments:

Post a Comment