Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gut Check Time!

            Ok so i have Recently decided to have a personal intervention or gut check. My main two weaknesses are starting to get the best of me.

              

           Number one is picking at snacks and food. Once I start letting myself pick at food, I don't go back. I will start with a handful of peanuts, then a gingerbread cookie which is a healthy version. From there I keep picking a little here and there. Then it leads to day by day.   Slowly, I pick so much in the afternoons, that I am not very hungry by dinner.  So now I have to restrict myself to only eating when I sit down for a meal or planned snack.   It is not easy once I have become a habitual picker, but I have to make myself do it.


         

        Weakness number two is chocolate. I usually only let myself have one sweet treat a day, but I have been slacking. I'll take a mint here, Reese's there, then some for dinner. Now it is very small portions, but it doesn't matter when you end up eating 3 or 4 pieces a day.   Now I have to put myself back on one piece a day, which is usually after dinner.
       The problem becomes when I have a get together or special occasions. For example I am getting together with a previous bible study group for appetizers and desserts.  However, I have decided that these events are not what do the damage. It is okay to enjoy these, but just picking and eating chocolate outside of my once a day and events is the problem. So I have decided to enjoy the bad food on special occasions. However, to be able to do this, I have to follow my guidelines at home.
      I know this may seem minor or not a big deal, but once I start picking at foods and eating chocolate, it just builds and gets worse and worse.  Does anyone else have this problem?  If so, do you have other suggestions?

What are your eating weaknesses, and how do you keep them in check?

No comments:

Post a Comment